Sustainability is not just about hanging a certificate on our wall, its a way of doing business. We pride ourselves in reducing our impact on the environment as much as possible. Our 2 processing facilities and compost program allow us to have little to no waste and give us the ability to utilize 100% of the plants we grow. The diagram below shows our entire process from harvesting to end products. Once the crop is harvested it is shipped to one of our packing lines where it is sized and graded. The highest graded produce will go directly into a retail box, while the lower grade/off sized produce will be sent to one of our 2 processing facilities. Lowest grade produce will be delivered to our compost sight and converted into highly enriched compost, used to grow our next family of crops.
Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) employed
• Integrated Pest Management (IPM) utilized
• Traceability on all products
• Resource Conservation - Use of water and energy minimized
• Recycled packaging materials used throughout organization
• Minimal product waste
• Conservation Management & Erosion Control practiced on farms